"Diagrams"

After a few weeks of trying to put together a solid idea of what I was going to do for my "diagram", after a short 1-1 with Helen today I finally feel like I have a set idea of what I want my outcome to be.

I had three ideas in my head all very different, I had even started two of them. I was finding it really difficult to understand what was the "right" way to go about it. With the criteria being so wide and open, I felt a little out of depth with what was expected of us.

I feel like the way I now look at my practise and what is significant to me presently is completely different to what it was like when I was in my training, and this is where I was struggling, In training I was influenced by the choreographers and dance styles I was studying as part of my criteria then, very influential people like Martha Graham, Cunningham, Fosse, and Fred Astaire. Now after taking a slightly different route down the showgirl style, rather than musical theatre. It got me thinking what artists in my field do I look up to and admire, realising it wasn't a singular person but more the shows as a whole; ones like Lido, Moulin Rouge and Crazy Horse, and that these where my established artists in my field.

It was this factor that put a delay on my understanding of relating it to my practise, narrowing it down to something specific rather that dance as a whole.

Once this was all discussed and I knew exactly the way I should use my knowledge to create a diagram. It was clear how I was going to do this visually, as it easily started to all link together, coming to my final conclusion and plan of my diagram.


Comments

  1. Hey Hannah. I find this interesting because I am now at the point in Module 3 where I am looking to create my artefact that represents both my practice and my BAPP journey as a whole. I am also struggling on how to put my ideas into a physical form - it also doesn't help that I can't really leave my house to gather materials. So I am trying to come up with a creative solution to both of these 'problems'. Good luck with your diagram!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dancers CV

Discussion group 17/02