Module one - hand in

I did it! First module done and I just wanted to write somthing about how I'm feeling at this moment. 

I managed to get both sections of the module done before the extension was announced. I was going to go back over my work carry on trying to make amendments and make what iv done better. I did however decided to hand in my work to the original deadline and have the extra few weeks to focus on my mental health. 

With covid19, like alot of people, I have found myself having no purpose, and feeling down alot of the time. Hence why I decided to get the first module off my chest and have almost a holiday from everything. 

At first I found the course very confusing, not only have I never wrote an essay in the first person. Iv also never had the chance to realise and understand what I have learnt while dancing professionally. It was really nice to look back and evaluate what iv accomplished in my short career, up to now, and set myself a clearer path of what I hope to do once this pandemic is over. 
I did find it hard to sentence everything that I had all over postit notes all over my room into academic writing but I found the use of good old thesaurus such an amazing tool to have. Then after it was just putting everything down on paper and rewriting it so many times I lost count. 

Then I went onto my diagram. This i was so lost with. Having such an open description of what I could do scared me a little, as surely theres still a chance it can be wrong. Right? 
After lots of different plans and starts and stops and a very detailed discussion with Helen, I came to my final conclusion of what I was going to do with my diagram. 

I think iv learnt this module, is to trust myself. I put so much pressure and the need to be perfect on myself. When in reality the reason I am doing this course is to better myself as a practitioner and that even if I have to go through a million steps to get to the end product compared to someone who might only need to have 5 steps. That's perfectly fine as that's how I learn and understand what I'm doing. 

So. That's it module one done. Ready to see what module two has to offer!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancers CV

Discussion group 17/02

"Diagrams"