What’s Been Happening.

 

It’s been some time since I have written a blog. 

I seemed to have gotten caught up with the whirlwind of research and writing up module 2. I have really enjoyed this module and the information and data I am collecting and I am only just scratching the surface. 

I found that through reading and analysing texts that others have written. I found myself questioning my practice more than ever and feel I have learnt from it. My reflection journal which started off more as bullet points of things happening that I wanted to look back on, has turned into a diary my thought processes around my practice and questions upon question of protocol and ethic topics of discussion that I encounter every day both in work and life. With how much it has benefited me I hope to carry it on pass this course. 

Even though I have really enjoyed the research side of this module. I did find getting it down on paper extremely difficult. I found that I had so much information and topic points of discussions. I didn’t know what was actually relevant to my current professional practice any more. I found myself surrounded by piles of books, paper, quotes, references and my own thoughts and feeling that it was overwhelming. After a very stressed but helpful conversation with Helen, we decided the best thing to do was simply, start writing. To get everything down in front of me in a word document and start to form some sort of essay. At this point I didn’t even know what it was for (proposal, literature review or critical reflection) but knowing that something was taking form helped calm my mind. After this I was able to clearly see what needed to go in what essay by looking at the requirements in the handbook and then researching anything that was missing. 

Now it’s coming the end of this module and only the final amendments needing to be done. I plan to dig deeper into my reflection journal and use that as a starting point for wording questions with ethical considerations ready for the final module. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancers CV

Discussion group 17/02

"Diagrams"