Welcome back skype


I was involved in the welcome skype on Saturday at 3pm. It was mix of new and old students and was nice to get to talk to everyone again and get back into the way of thinking for the BAPP. We first had a little run through and reminder on where to find everything we need on UniHub. This was really good for me as I almost had forgotten how much additional information is there. Especially now I am heading further into the course and going to be using yet more resources. 


We talked about to think of the support for this course like 3 pillars. 
 
  •  Firstly the UniHub. Where once we are on the page, we can find any additional information that we need, through clicking on the dropdown sections that are there.

  •  Secondly, using the BAPP community. This I did fairly often last module and found it very useful and supportive. The course has a Facebook page we can ask each other questions, advice and anything else we want to know. Last module I also had a skype with a few other students in my module to talk about the course, where we were up too, and any help and advice we could give each other. I plan on doing this again this module to get the sense of community again and feel like we aren't alone on the course. 

  •  Lastly, the supervisor. Each student is given a supervisor for the module they are on and if you have a few quick questions, we can use them as a quick source of contact to talk to them about anything we have questions about.

When speaking to the group, I told them on how I was excited to research more into my practise now that its "changed." Adesola said not to think of it as a change but as me widening my practise. That alone gave me so much more drive and reassurance plus excitement for where I am taking my practice. 

I plan to use the resources more this module and speak to my supervisor for recommendations on books as I am widening my practise to something I am a little less knowledgeable about and dig deeper into literature to help me understand where I want to take this module.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancers CV

Discussion group 17/02

"Diagrams"